Following the Churchill Fellow report findings in 2016, David Barnard and Nigel Emms formed Torcello Arts to continue the work of the Churchill Fellowship.
The vision and goals are:
- To bring the connections and contacts made on the Fellowship Tour closer to Australia
- Offer coaching and professional development for professional singers and repetiteurs in Australia – disseminating the information accrued on the tour
- To collaborate with Universities and Australian opera companies
- Create a tri-yearly professional development tour to Europe for up to 10 artists
- Assist young artists in their applications to the Young Artist programs in Europe through fundraising and philanthropic connections
- No events currently scheduled
Professional Development Opportunities:
- David is seeking expressions of interest for a three week intensive study trip to Berlin, Venice and Firenze in early 2018. The trip will include visiting Opera houses to hear live performances with vocal training and musical coaching in Florence, Venice and Berlin.
Please check back on this page to see our latest projects and developments as they arise.